Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nursery Planning

It's well underway, that's for sure! 
One thing I knew right away was that no matter the gender, I didn't want to paint the walls. Call me crazy, but I love the tan/neutrals all throughout the house. I'd rather work with neutrals (and save an argument or two over painter's tape) than put up a color that I loathe. So as far as my todo list goes for the nursery, wall color is checked off!
The theme was a tad more difficult to decide on. By difficult, I mean we had two different visions. I was loving the idea of a nautical theme - with navy, white, anchors and maybe whales. Who knows! Jason, on the other hand, wanted all sports everything. Which if you know Jason, you know that's typical. In order to get us both on the same page, we compromised with Navy and White colors, with Sports accents. 
This is our inspiration:
Dream Big Little Man prints / Football Jersey sign
We have the dresser that just needs an updated stain - easy peasy. We were passed down the crib from my cousin and it's already dark wood. And probably my MOST favorite thing, the rocker/recliner, was purchased on Sunday. We found the perfect chair at Buy Buy Baby and ordered it right away! 
I can't wait to see all of this come together.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the color theme! And the the little sign is adorable! Can't wait to see it all put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it is the perfect blend for you two! That rocker looks amazing! The rocker we got for our baby boy's room was by far my favorite thing in his room [and our house really]. It's so comfortable and perfect for all of the countless hours of nursing. Having a comfy rocker made life easier. I'm glad you found one you love! I can't wait to see his room all put together, it will be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, and such an exciting time for you guys! And totally agree about the painting.. we just moved into the a house and painted all the bedrooms grey for that reason alone. No fights for someday kids!

    ReplyDelete