Monday, March 31, 2014

Bumpdate: 16 Weeks


How far along: 
16 weeks!!
Baby Size: 
Baby is the size of an avocado, that's according to my lil' app
Weight gain: 
Oy, I'll find out on Tuesday morning. I'm thinking about 5-7 pounds. 
Maternity clothes: 
eeer, yes! I broke down and purchased Maternity skinnies from Target pretty early on. With my other pants, I'm using the ol' rubberband trick...mostly in the afternoon when my pants are strangling me. And, if you couldn't tell from the picture, Maxi's are my BFF's.
Stretch marks: 
None so far. I have Palmer's handy on the bed side.
Sleep:
I can't get enough. I haven't seen 9pm in almost a few months, and believe me..it's a struggle to stay up till 9. 
Best moment this week:
Seeing close friends for the first time since we were able to tell people. AND, booking our gender scan appointment.
Looking forward to: 
The beach this weekend. Which reminds me, I need a bathing suit...STAT.
What I miss: 
Being able to walk into the grocery store and not being overcome with the smells. Man, it's like every aisle is a new smell and one that I don't like. I'm also missing a delicious sangria, but that's neither here nor there.
Movement: 
None yet! Hopefully I can start feeling the flutters soon.
Food cravings: 
Fruits, ice cream, sour patch kids, lemonade....pretty much anything sweet. I reach an all time low over a Red Velvet Milkshake (damn you, sonic) and discovered the best way to eat Cheesecake is to accompany it with a brownie. Maybe I've gained more than 5-7 pounds...
Anything making you queasy or sick: 
Luckily I haven't been queasy or sick with anything! HOWEVER, I cannot stand the thought or taste of meat right now. Which is really weird for me. Steaks, Chicken, Pork...none of them are appetizing to me. We went to a housewarming party on Sunday and they smoked a full hog - usually I'm all game for it. But I was queasy by the smell.
Gender: 
I want to know SO bad. We need to be patient just a few more weeks! (May 4th!)
Labor Signs: 
Nope! I'll leave this one towards the end of the surveys
Symptoms: 
Just exhaustion. Pure exhaustion.
Oh, and waking up in the middle of the night every hour to pee.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On 
Mood: 
I feel like I'm experiencing every single mood. Happy, nervous, blessed, scared...I'm all over the emotional scale.
Nursery: 
We actually just redid the floors in our Master and Guest Room (now Nursery) in the midst of finding out. Other than that, we haven't and probably won't make progress on it until after the gender reveal.
------
I initially started this with 12 weeks, but I was sidetracked with my family news. After I missed two weeks, I decided to just try to do these monthly. 


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH! This is the craziest, cutest, amazingest thing ever. EVER! Can't even deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! Love your chalkboard idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't you put a photo of your bottom drawer at work under your food cravings. The picture would say all you needed to say.

    I'm so excited for the gender reveal party! Can I help with the nursery? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or girl, and to see you oh so soon :) Miss you! You look amazing, still so so happy for you. hashtag i cant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your pregnancy, newest follower!! ;)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete