Monday, July 30, 2012

How I Make that Money Honey!

The Fabulous Bargain Blonde is doing a link up that I just had to participate in. Today we're talking jobs.  I've posted about my workplace several times, but I don't know that I really went into what I do here. You know, besides drink.
I work for a New Age/Startup Marketing Company, in which we solely focus on Social Media. Our thang is Sponsored content for Blogs, Twitter, and now Photos/Video. Basically we're a company that helps people earn money off things they are already doing. 
I've transitioned quite a bit in the year that I've been here - I started in our Marketing Department, and then a few months later transferred to our Blog Relations Department. Which is actually the reason I started Blogging. I would work with Bloggers all day, every day to help them with their offers, and fill the campaigns we were running.
After a few months of Blog Lovin', I accepted a different position as Celebrity Relations. Which started out with me heading to the Oscars Gifting Suites to network. Amazing experience!
On a day to day basis, In a nutshell I'm usually:
Brainstorming fun/interactive ways for Celebs to Participate for our Sales Team
Contacting Celebrities to Participate in Campaigns 
Reaching out to agencies
Our office is anything but Corporate America. Our main headquarters is Purple, Blue and Green, and home to about 50 people. We usually have dogs roaming around. We celebrate every single thing, usually with booze. There is a kegerator in our office kitchen, and a free vending machine right outside the kitchen. I worked with some of the most amazingly creative people that inspire me everyday. While we have a lot of fun, we also work hard to play hard.
What I love MOST about my Job - is our casual office. There isn't a dress code. Because of the Florida Heat, I'm usually in:
...With a snuggie at my desk, just incase chugging my ice coffee made me cold.
That's about it! Can't wait to read all the posts!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. your job sounds amazing, I am quite jealous actually!

    xx
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woop for casual dress! I always feel bad when my boyfriend has to put on a suit in this microwave we call Orlando.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a completely fabulous job!!

    Here from BB's linkup!

    www.stresscasey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a fun job!! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me you got some cool swag at the Oscars gifting suites. Your job sounds awesome and I love your supreme casual dress code.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds like so much fun! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a happy Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your job sounds so awesome:] I am way jealous! Sometimes I wish I had a reason to dress so cute everyday but I'd also hate to give up my yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! Love the no dress code thing.. Living here in Texas, I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your job sounds like so much fun!

    mylifemyway14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet job!

    I found you on the link up and am adding you to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fun. I wish we were casual!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG WHAT? So basically you have my dream job and do exactly what I want to do. Are y'all hiring? No, for real. Wow, totally jealous. And thanks for sharing and linking-up! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I come join you? That sounds like... exactly what I'd love to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok talk about a LE-GIT job!! Working with celebs wearing maxi dresses?? Hello! Are y'all hiring?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha I have to keep a snuggie in my office too, even though we're in Eastern NC and our temps are fairly mild (except the weird high 90s of this summer) I have THREE air condition vents in my office and it is usually freeezing.

    glad you've found a job you enjoy, they are few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your jobs sounds incredible!!!! and i am really jealous of your work attire!

    ReplyDelete