Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rich in our own way



Last night while Jason was having the TIME of his life watching Wrestling (ugh).
 I was catching up on all things Instagram.
It's addicting, you know. Who's wearing what? Who's eating what? Who's loungin' by the pool? You know the drill. 

It makes me wish I had everything. 
Besides all the adorable bracelets, necklaces and outfits, I've been obsessing over Erin Condren Planners and those gorgeous Speedy Bags.




To.Die.For.

As I'm in this little Material World. Wanting and Lusting after every single thing I see, knowing pretty darn well that right now isn't the time to shell out $50 for a planner. Or, even $30 for an adorable dress that will be great for work, girls' night and tailgating - You Name It. It's just not justifiable right now.

Jason looks over and asks what I'm doing. My response is that I'm just sitting here wishing we were rich. 

And, then...



said the most amazing thing. 

"We are Rich"

Rich in Love.
Rich in Family & Friends
and, Rich in Puggle kisses.

That we are. We are very lucky to be Rich with Love, Family/Friends and Puggle Kisses

(disclaimer: neither one of those cute puggles are Bailey)

It's time for me to start counting my blessing, and stop wishing for things I don't have. Thank you Hubs, for making me realize just how lucky I truly am. Youz a Genius, boo.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I hear you way too clearly! We just went on vacay to London and the hubs has me on a tight budget, you know, food/gas/bills only! Don't feel bad, when you get these things you will appreciate them even more! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so true. I get caught up in these things so easily, too. You've got you a good man, I'd say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, such a good reassurance that you picked the right guy when they say something sweet and perfect like that, right? :) I understand the materialistic feelings, it's hard not to get caught up in them, but good job on finding the perspective. Also, I asked for my first Erin Condren planner as a Christmas present, so now it's perfectly timed to be a Christmas present every year (just an idea ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, I know the feeling. too cute. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest trend report. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I love this!! It really is SO hard to see all these blog posts about Louie Vuittons and this and that and not be able to justify buying "new" stuff all the time. Great post girly! I needed this today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard, you've got yourself a keeper for sure. I really know how you feel. I sometimes get that way reading blogs and I have to remind myself I will be there one day but I lot of these people are already in careers and etc. Even though my husband and I have been married 3 years, were really young and not there yet and can't spend lots of money on material things.

    ReplyDelete