Thursday, February 14, 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. - Valentine's Day "bouquet"

Valentine's day is a tad cheesy.  Don't get me wrong, I really do love to shower people with gifts, it's actually one of my favorite things to do. And, I love to celebrate our relationship. It's just something about gifting I don't love. 
But, what's Valentine's day with a little bit of Cheesiness? In the wedding planning year, I saw an awesome bouquet o' booze floating around Pinterest and thought it would be super cute to have that sitting at the groomsmen's house as they got ready.

and then I thought
"Self, you're going to be really mad at yourself when the are wasted during the ceremony"
So, I nixed that idea and the boys were still drunk during the ceremony. 
Fast forward a few months, and I decided I wanted to take care of our Valentine's day plans. Maybe put this pinterest pin to good use. This "bouquet" was super easy, and so quick to make....that I didn't take any pictures during the process. So here's a run down.
I basically just covered the styrofoam in tissue paper and made it "beer-like" then duct taped the mini liquor bottles/treats to the wooden dowels and stuck them into the styrofoam. 
Wam, Bam, Thank you Ma'am
Jason loved it. 
In keeping with the Valentine's day spirit,  I also gave my friend a little treat with a hand written poem. 
That's all I've got today. My creative juices are done.
Hope y'all have a wonderful Valentine's day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I really need an excuse to make one of those for someone, they look so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish you would have given me the damn liquor bouquet idea, you know, BEFORE TODAY. Way to go. You win wife of the year and I'm just over here like "hey... I suck. Sorry."

    ReplyDelete