Wednesday, December 18, 2013

{DIY} Merry Mail

I swear that one of the biggest joys in life is receiving actual mail, that isn't from some business demanding payment. It always makes me so happy and it's like winning the freaking jackpot during the holiday season.
The only problem I had was that I own probably 3 magnets. (side note: Where does one buy more "cute" magnets?) So, my christmas cards always get piled up on each other. I saw a pin floating around Pinterest and decided to make my own version on Friday.
via
Cute right, but it was also $43..
So I set out to Hobby Lobby and picked up some supplies
Chalkboard, Burlap Flowers, Ribbon and Clothes pins
(p.s. this was just over $11)
The process of making this was super easy, it took all of 5 minutes. Start by heating up your hot glue gun and gluing the Burlap Flowers on to the front of the chalkboard. As that is setting, cut a few even strands of Ribbon. I evenly spaced mine out (obviously using my fingers) and hot glued them on the back. Flip that bad boy back over and write "Merry Mail" with chalk. Then clip on Christmas cards with clothes pins
 
To hang it, I used a left over clear command hook that I had from hanging garland. I'm happy to report it's still hanging...unlike my garland.
Finished Product:
Eeee, I love it and it's so fun to see right as we walk in the front door.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Gahh! So cute! I'm lovin' this girl..anything with Burlap steals my heart;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!!! I'll have to make this for our "Merry Mail" !! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just prop my cards up thus is such a cuter way to display!

    ReplyDelete