Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Day Challenge: Day 3


Today's 10 day challenge is about fears. Well I just happened to be one of those people that fears everything. Seriously, everything. I can't even watch the news, I think every story is about to happen to me. 

Without further adu...My 8 delusional fears

1. Bugs, Snakes, Spiders.... pretty much any animal that isn't a dog. I fear it. 
Fun Fact: I was coming home from work one night, getting ready to park in my driveway. My foot is on the brake, getting ready to put the car in park. I look down for a split second and happen to see a beetle on my leg. ew! I flick it off my leg all while shaking my leg vigorously to get this nasty creature off me. Welp, my foot falls smack down on my accelerator. and....I drove INTO the garage door.  

I fear/dislike bugs a lot!

2. Swimming in oceans and lakes. If those darn Sharks/Alligators/Amebas weren't there I would be all for it. 

This "hometown" beach- New Smyrna Beach, FL. 

I go there all.the.time. But, I haven't gone in the Ocean (past my ankles) since 2004. Want to know why?

Those are SHARKS! This is an aeriel view of NSB, which is now the shark bite capital of the world.

3. Rollercoasters. They scare me. 

4.  I fear never living up to my dreams. I have a picture in my head of how my life is supposed to play out. I just hope that one day I will be able to fulfill all of those goals.



5. I fear I'll be left alone one day. It's been a fear of mine since I was in 10th grade. I thought my mom wouldn't come home, or would leave me places. I'm not too sure where this came from (although, I have an idea) But, I'm just scared that one day I'll be abandoned by everyone.

6. Elevators. I always think that they are just going to stop and I'll be trapped in it for hours. Ever see the movie Devil?

7. Feeling Stupid. I fear sometimes answering questions or participating in discussions at work (sometimes with friends) because I always think that what I have to say only makes sense to me. 

8. I have an irrational fear that my future kids will try and kill me. It's almost a joke to my friends, but these stories stare the crap out of me


Okay, now that you've seen my neurotic side. I'm interested to see what your fears are...




1 comment:

  1. I REFUSE to go in the ocean, too. Yikessss!!! That picture of NSB scares the crap out of me. EEEEK!

    ReplyDelete