Monday, October 24, 2011

Ode to the Weekend

I'm currently laid up at home today because I woke up with a nasty, horrible, pounding migraine. What a miserable day to start a Monday. What's even worse is that my lovely neighboor decided to do his yard work today, right by my bedroom window. Ouch.... Thanks, Guy! My head has finally stopped pounding so much and I'm able to turn on the TV and Computer. 

This weekend was a busy one, but it was so much fun. Saturday I ran around town all day in preparation for our engagement pictures on Sunday. I had a blonde appointment then I went and got a little spray tan. Afterwards, I met up with a few of my gorgeous bridesmaids to get an idea of Bridesmaid dresses. It was a surprisingly quick appointment, because we narrowed it down pretty quickly. We weren't allowed to take pictures, but that didn't stop us from snapping pictures in the dressing room
 
These pictures do not do the dresses justice! They are about 10 sizes too big for my MOH, and the not-so-nice sales associate wasn't helping us with clips.  I'm in LOVE with the coral dress. We're going to check out one more spot on Wednesday before deciding on the dress! 


After dress shopping, my MOH and her beau double dated with Jason and I at Arabian Nights. Being a born and bred Central Floridian, there are still a bunch of attractions that I haven't been to. This was one of them. Tiffany was able to get discounted tickets through her work, so it was a perfect opportunity to enjoy this dinner show (and the unlimited booze)




The show was about a princess finding her prince (very disney-ish), My favorite parts of course was the unicorn, the USA "dance" and the horses free playing at the end. Can ya'll see the white horse rolling around in the back? So cute!


On Sunday, we had our engagement pictures. AH! I cannot thank you guys enough for all of your kind words. I took your advice and contacted my photographer before the shoot about the styles. I think we achieved exactly what I was hoping, I should be getting the pictures any time now. I'm checking my emails like cray-cray!


My amazing bridesmaid Wendy did my makeup before the shoot. If she wasn't so goshdarn smart and amazing at her day job, I would advise her to quit and become a makeup artist. She works wonders




5 points for wearing a seatbelt in her parking lot! :) holla!


I just loved my eyes, I wish I had her amazing talent. I'm crossing my fingers about my pictures, we really got along great with the photographer and she made me feel so at ease. We took a couple with Bailey, but after his first shoot he escaped his collar and went running down the railroad tracks towards a busy street.  Poor Jason had to sprint after him. Luckily, Bailey was sidetracked by the smell of food from a wedding right behind us and slowed down quite a bit. 


We were all anxious to get home after a long day




Love them!


Hope ya'll have a fabulous week :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress options for bridesmaids! So cute and you rebels you taking pictures! lol

    ReplyDelete