Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our tree of memories

Our tree is up!

When we first moved into together and had our first "couples" tree, all of the ornaments were the generic red bulbs. Throughout the past three years, we've been trying to collect ornaments that are closer to our hearts. So that putting up our tree will be like taking a mini walk down memory lane.

We pick them up from our travels, most recently from our honeymoon in Jamaica (which I still haven't uploaded pictures or posted about)
It's a santa painted on a shell.

And, of course we have a memory ornament for every year. 

Do you have any ornaments that hold a special place in your heart?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Why are you the cutest wifey in the world?

    Aside from your just married ornament. We won't talk about that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh where is the just married Gators ornament from!?! I have a lot of friends getting married soon and I'd love to get something similar for them!


    I love the stories and memories that ornaments tell--one of my favorite christmas traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is just so cute! My mom has given me an ornament every year since I was born and when I met Dane I realized his mom had done the same thing. Our tree is going to be STOCKED! Haha..I love the seashell santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree! It's so cute! On Christmas Eve we decorate my grandparents trees and get to see all the ornaments my aunts and uncles made growing up. Then my grandma complains how how ugly her tree is because all her ornaments are 40+ years old.

    ReplyDelete