Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Thank you" doesn't seem enough

I don't think I've been able to respond to the comments and emails from Friday, but that is my goal for today. You ladies are the sweetest, most kindhearted people. I let Jason read them, and he's just been so moved by the outpouring love and support
I wanted to take some time today and write a post of letters to share a little of my gratitude.
(Monday night's event)
Dear my WPHS family, it's a rare thing that people are this close after high school.  Seeing people Monday night, coming to share their love, stories, and kind words, in the rain mind you, really was beautiful. It's sad that a tragdy had to bring us close again, but that was the amazing thing about Aaron. He brought everyone together. He wasn't in a particular "clique" in high school, and 10 years later it is still amazing to hear stories about how great of a friend he really was to so many people.  
To Jason's best friends, I could not imagine having a better set of stand up guys in our lives. You guys have been amazing and have been his rock. You've comforted him and made him laugh in the memories. and, To my best friends, you girls hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for coming out to be there for us last night, for sending us your mama's food or a giftcard to spare us from your cooking. Thank you for checking in several times throughout the weekend all the way from Dallas and from San Francisco.
...And, Wendy I know, I get really annoyed with the "Let's get everyone into one big group shot" photos that come out of every event. But I deeply love them so much. 

Dear the Other bar, you guys are Rockstars. Each and every one of you. Thank you for showing Aaron's family just how many lives he touched. I don't think they even knew that side of him. It was a beautiful thing. 
Dear Jason, I'm so in awe of you. You have really made me so proud. This is hard. really hard. but you are making everyone in Orlando so aware of the situation. I know in my heart, your efforts will pay off. Justice will be served. Then we'll be able to properly mourn for Aaron. 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've at least attempted to make peace with this. On of our best friends we grew up with was actually murdered back in 2010. It was a hard thing for us to go through and we still talk about him almost daily. Especially now that we are having a baby and moving into our new home. I know he would be so proud. Live a life the loss would be proud of. It's amazing all the support he received. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Aaron. Thinking for you and your family. It's wonderful that Jason has such a great support system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet girl (and Jason)--I know I don't always comment and I have to admit that my own life gets the best of me sometimes, too and I don't always get around to my favorite blogs--but yours is one of them. Reading your most recent posts I had tears streaming down my face and my heart aches for your family. Know that stars in the sky are small openings from heaven from our loved ones letting us know that they're alright.

    XOX

    ReplyDelete