Wednesday, December 19, 2012

6 Cheery days until Christmas

6 days until Christmas, ya'll. 
I cannot wait for a day of happiness, fingers crossed that it will be filled to the brim with happy and joy and wine. Lots of wine. I just have a little inkling with all the recent events that it won't be. It just won't.
I've said it before, but my Family is cray. If I didn't feel protective over them, I would just screenshot all  the things my Momma and I have been dealing with and texting about lately for you to see just exactly how ridiculous it is.  But I'm too protective, slightly embarrassed that this is my bloodline, and just over it. Instead of focusing on all of that negative energy, I want to be happy. 
I'm choosing happiness. 
Please pick me back, happiness, I don't want this to be like the days of recess. #lastkidstanding
I digress

To reel this back into Christmas and Cheer, and everything nice...I'm linking up with Kristen from All in my Twenties to share my Christmas Card. 
This is our first one as a Married couple, so I couldn't pass it up. 
And, I scored these suckers for 60% off. Which I in-turn took those savings right on down to Old Navy to celebrate my frugalness.
I was 100% against using a Wedding picture on our card this year. Partly because I don't love them, and partly because I feel everyone is over seeing our Wedding pictures (they were on our Thank you cards!) We tried to do a makeshift photo shoot - Bailey in reindeer ears, Jason festive in a green polo, and me all in a Christmasy scarf. Cute, right?
No! It was horrible. We tried outside, and it was at least 100 degrees out. Bailey kept pawing off the ears. We moved locations to get into a shady spot in Mom's backyard. While walking over, Jason stepped in Bailey poop...and then I threw in the towel on the photo shoot. Save that ish for the professionals, Ladies!
Link up with Kristen and show us what you got!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Can we have some wine and try to be happy together? I feel this really does need to happen though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! We did a wedding photo on ours last Christmas - I was also kind of against it (I didn't want to leave out the pups), but I'm so glad I did it. You can only do that once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card! and cheers to cray families... i don't know what it is about this time of year but it definitely brings out the Lindsay Lohan in everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone's family is absolutely crazay. That why we drink wine. Love the card and the NeNe gif!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable! And I am so glad to know I am not the only one with a crazy family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, girl! I hope you can relax, enjoy, and find happiness over the Holidays!! I think the wine will help ;) Christmas card...ADORABLE!! And your photo-shoot story made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending some happiness your way pretty girl. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Christmas card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love this! If it makes you feel any better.... everyone's family is cray cray! I'm no exception. ;) You choose love & happiness and that is exactly what you will attract in 2013! Sending you hugs and happiness!

    ReplyDelete