Monday, June 4, 2012

A Pinata at a Rehearsal Dinner?



Please excuse my lil' Vent sesh. 

On Saturday night, Jason's mom called me to talk about the Rehearsal Dinner, the wedding and just life in general. Half way through our convo, she mentions that she picked up a Cowboy Boot Pinata for the rehearsal dinner.






The rest of the conversation is somewhat of a blur to me. I didn't know whether to Laugh...or Cry. 
To be honest, I did a little of both. I just didn't know what to think.

I've blogged about my rehearsal dinner a bit here.  We had planned a little "upscale- ish" I do BBQ rehearsal dinner and as it turns out his mama ran with the southern theme. 


After a few laughs, and more tears than I'm willing to admit...I finally came to the conclusion that it's JUST the rehearsal dinner. Of course I want every wedding related party to be a spitting image of style me pretty, or Pinterest. That just isn't a reality.

What is reality? Being in a room, surrounded by my closest friends and family full of laughter and love. 
....and then after a few to many drinks, swinging at that Pinata :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I think the pinata will call for some great laughs and fun memories.. after a few drinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I did a southern themed rehearsal dinner, complete with an old lodge, BBQ, and rocking chairs on the front porch. I would have LOVED to have a cowboy boot pinata!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will definitely be fun. It was nice of you not to say anything. This is the one part that the groom's side gets control over so I'm not surprised that it's being done to the 9's. I just hope there's some good candy in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're doing a Southern theme/BBQ too for our rehearsal dinner! I get too caught up too trying to make everything be perfect and beautiful for the wedding. Its hard to step back and relinquish a little control but you are so right - at the end of the day you're going to have a great dinner with your closest friends and family. And they'll have a great time. Make sure to get great candy - or I recently saw one with mini bottles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...i would probably cry and laugh too. I still don't know how I feel about it. Hope it turns out really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, i am new to your blog and this totally cracked me up! i'm sure it will be a wonderful rehersal dinner and congrats on getting married this month! that is so so so exciting :)

    xx brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete