Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reflection



Today is always a day that makes you stop and thank God for everything in your life. Sometimes we tend to get so wrapped up in life, that we tend to forget to take a look around and appreciate everything and everyone in my life. Life is too short. September 11 was a tragic day, one that none of us will ever forgot. 

Today I'm taking time to reflect and be thankful for the things in my life

My Big Italian family. Our family is ever-growing and always there for a good laugh.  We have good, bad and sometimes downright evil going on at any moment. But at the end of the day we're family, and we all stick together. To quote Mrs. Manzo "We're as Thick as Thieves"
(I can't help but laugh that Jason is about 5 inches taller than everyone)

These true friendships. I really thank God for these girls today! I am spoiled rotten having them as best friends. Each and every one of these girls have a piece of my heart. 

The life I'm building with Jason. I'm so thankful for all of it. Our little family, our house, our health and our love. Sure some days are rougher than most. (i.e. I hate bills) but Jason makes those days a whole lot better. These two boys, and yes I consider Bailey a human, make everyday brighter for me. I couldn't possibly be more thankful for them.  

Of course, Today started off rough. I was running 20 minutes late, I bitched today that Bailey wouldn't stop barking, and that Jason ate the hot pocket that I realllly wanted to have for lunch. But at the end of the day, I'm really blessed to have this life. 

Eleven years ago, America was forever changed. May God bless those that lost their lives on that awful day, the families who lost love ones and the heros that fought for our country.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love that you commemorated 9/11 by remember everything you were thankful for. What a good reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I wouldn't be me if I didn't post this, so I'm going to and then I'm going straight to hell for laughing at a commemoration post. Jason is SO TALL in that photo. Like he's standing on a chair. I'm laughing, out loud.

    Ok, back to remembering.... Gosh, I'm horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you were 20 minutes late and STILL didn't have on red or blue. Since you at least got white, I'll let ya slide ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup i consider my two dogs human and like to them as though they completely and fully understand every word i am saying... love my little pups, they complete the little family of me and my husband

    ReplyDelete