Monday, May 7, 2012

Cinco, Seis & Fifty



Whew, this weekend flew by! Friday night was a "restful night", we went to the grocery store to grab cinco supplies and caught up on our DVR. Love those nights!

On Saturday, we ran across town for a meeting with our caterer - we finalized our menu, picked out our linens and drew up a room diagram. What a relief! Our Caterer is amazing, and so so through. I felt like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders just by having her there. After the appointment a few friends swung by my house for a little cinco fiesta. 




Needless to say, It was a lot of fun. However, seis de mayo was not! I spent the entire day having to nurse a hangover - which I swear happens even after one beer ever since I turned 27. 


Luckily, I had 50 shades of grey to help me feel better and pretty much ensure that I wouldn't leave my couch. 



I read the entire book yesterday, and now I understand Steph's (and everyone else's) obsession. The relationship between Christian and Ana is intense, and I honestly just want to keep reading more about it. It's definitely very explicit at times but their relationship is just so captivating.

I've seen a lot of talk about this book in the blogworld, Have you read it? All I can think about is who they are going to cast for the movie. Haha, pathetic or what!

And, yes... I'll be downloading the second book tonight. 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I am about to start the third book- they are addicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Also, where did you get that adorable wedding countdown thing on your sidebar - it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I read all 3 books in less than 5 days. ADDICTING. After about the 5th explicit sex scene I was totally over all that but the relationship between Ana and Christian kept me reading. The last book is definitely the best so keep reading! And a movie...I can't even imagine a movie! I pictured Ryan Gosling as Christian if they made a movie. Mm, yummy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new layout :)

    We haven't discussed your carterer meeting yet. Do tell. I'll need some good eats to balance out the mass amounts of alcohol I will be drinking.

    & SO happy that I've made you jump on the Fifty train.

    I want to chase the chase the dawn with CTG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. you gotta get the next one, they are all so good

    ReplyDelete