Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This time Last Year

Last year...I was with my family and Jason in New Smyrna Beach.   We were by the pool all day. My normally quiet Uncle shared a sweet story about the time he proposed to my Aunt. We ran back to our hotel room to shower for my "cousin's birthday dinner"

While we're getting ready, Jason says "Wow. Babe. Come out here and look at this!" I walk out to our balcony and he's down on one knee with rose petals and candles everywhere.

He said the most beautiful things to me, which I was too busy crying to hear him. 

Last year...I said YES!
(my hand would not stop shaking)


As soon as I pulled myself together, I  called/texted all of my friends and family members. As soon as I sent the text to my Best Friend who was in Jacksonville, I heard the door of the hotel open and she walked in

Tears started flowing again. I put my makeup back on and headed out to my Cousin's birthday dinner. Only when we got there, it was my friends and family. Jason had surprised me with a celebration dinner.

1. Us infront of the banner they made 2. He talked my oldest friend,Wendy, into flying in from San Francisco 3. Some of the most important people in my life. 4. Walking into the surprise dinner 5. With my MOH 6. Sparklers

After dinner, we met a few more friends out to Celebrate.

-------------
This year, we headed back to my home away from home. We decided to swing in to the Garlic to re-celebrate how far we've come. 


and, in true fashion we headed down to our favorite bar for a little celebratory shot.



Needless to say, this past year has been amazing. I'm so grateful for how everything has come along and I'm BEYOND ready to marry my Best Friend!




Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. That is so thoughtful!!! I can't believe he had your best friend come AND had a celebration ready for you afterwards, he sounds like a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and getting so close to your big day! Would love for you to link this up for Bridal Talk Tuesday on my blog today! Life with Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet guy you have!
    That's so lovely that he arranged all that :)
    And WOW. Your ring is amaaaaaazing.
    Noticed it is very close until your wedding day now, I hope it's everything you wish it to be!
    Jazz xx
    cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a sucker for a sweet engagement story. You'll be sharing your wedding story before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute engagement story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a THOUGHTFUL man! You can tell how much he loves you by how much thought he put into the whole engagement...amazing! I just love stories like that. And girl, can we just talk about your ring? Double amazing. ;) Best Wishes as your wedding approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute engagement story! :)
    I'm almost positive we have the same engagement ring. it's soo beyond gorgeous! :)

    Glad to have have found your blog thru friday letters link up and happy to be a new reader/follower!

    I'm getting married 3 months from today! woo hoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet post! Congratulations! :) When is your wedding?

    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete